Parents: Help Yourselves to Help Your Kids
3,162 signatures toward our 15,000 Goal
Sponsor: The Autism Site
Pledge to remind yourself and parents of children with autism that we're all in this together!
Parents who have a child with autism understand the hard work, time, and love it takes to give their child a fulfilling life day in and day out. But with this time, also takes a lot of energy and patience, wearing many parents thin, and leading them to feel they are fighting the battle against autism alone.
We need to remind ourselves as autism supporters and parents of children with autism that we're all in this together! Not only do we need to care for our children but we need to care for ourselves. We need to remember that what we do is possible when our own physical and psychological needs are met as well.
Sign the pledge to remind yourselves and other parents of children with autism that we're all in this together! By staying healthy, mentally and physically, you and your child's future will be brighter every step of the way.
We must remember our own well-being, to keep ourselves and our families healthy so we're able to produce the best way of life for our children. Make a pledge to your family to live a balanced life!
I pledge to...
· Do something active with my spouse, and talk about anything but the kids
· Make some time for myself every day, no exceptions
· Find a mentor or a helper who can relate to my child
· Designate a special day to do exactly what my child with autism wants to do — even if it means visiting my local auto parts store!
· Reach out to other parents with newly diagnosed children — give them encouragement from my experiences